This is where I put stuff when I can't decide where else to put it. Items found on this page are subject to being moved elsewhere without notice.
- 2014-11-12 A favorite hymn Creatures
- 2012-12-02 Lunch with men I love and respect.
- 2011-11-27 My first grandson.
- 2011-08-03 Whittier hills.
- 2011-07-09 Training hike #3. Feeling stronger.
- 2011-07-02 Training hike #2. Hannah and Victor joined me. Unbearably humid.
Cooling off in LaSalle Canyon
Nice folks, nice sandwich
- 2011-06-25 Training hike at Starved Rock. 10 miles with 40 pound pack.
- 2011-02-02 Blizzard
- 2010-12-29 Frost on the trees
- 2010-12-17 I like small knives. This one was found in the attic. It's been lost for over 20 years!
- 2010-11-20 Family stroll, Grand River, MI
- 2010-10-14 Leroy Oakes FP. So many moods in the span of about 90 minutes.
- 2010-08-06 Attending Finite Math with Cora at Michigan State.
Emma at Fleetwood Diner
No more math homework...EVER!
- 2010-07-25 Near Mason, MI. Great day with Emma's inlaws (too much food!), and a walk along the Grand River at McNamara Landing.
Me & M
- 2010-07-05 LeRoy Oakes FP, training hike, 7.5 miles, with a 40 lb. bag of softener salt in my pack. I felt great!
- 2010-07-03 Lake Geneva, WI.
Me and Hannah
- 2010-05-30 BushcraftOnFire Survival Course, Hercules Glades Wilderness, Missouri.
Forest service info
- 2010-05-14 Leroy-Oakes.
Some localized flooding
- 2010-03-20 Varsity scout survival outing.
- 2010-02-27 First walk in almost two months.
Creek at Leroy-Oakes
- 2010-02-03 Handout for use with Winter Camping lesson at scout meeting.
- 2010-01-02 It was 2 degrees when I started my walk. After seven miles it warmed up all the way to 8 degrees.
- 2010-01-01 New Years Day Walk thru Leroy-Oakes Forest Preserve.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...a 7 mile walk in the snow at 16 degrees is a workout!
- 2009-12-19 Dressing up my suitcase with about 12 feet of orange paracord.
- 2009-12-01 While walking thru Leroy-Oakes Forest Preserve.
- 2009-11-25 Boulder Outdoor Survival School 1995.
Flint and steel fire
My debris hut
- 2009-10-09 Survival Talk for Varsity Scout Leaders.
My home page